Instance Matching with LogMap

Dezhao Song

Sep 22, 2015, 10:48:52 AM9/22/15
to logmap-matcher-discussion
Hi Ernesto,

I am interested in the instance matching capability of LogMap and has been trying compare different techniques on this topic. I am wondering if LogMap uses distant triples of an ontology instance.

For example, suppose we have a few triples:
person1->has_publication->publication_1->has_title->"some title"
person2->has_publication->publication_2->has_title->"some title variation"

When matching person1 and person2, does LogMap also utilize the titles of their publications?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Dezhao

Ernesto Jimenez-Ruiz

Sep 22, 2015, 10:56:55 AM9/22/15
to logmap-matcher-discussion
Hi Dezhao

Yes, LogMap also exploits the first level of referenced triples. In the case of your example, the triples associated to the publications will be used to match instances of the class Person.

Best
Ernesto