John Isige
unread,Sep 1, 2026, 12:22:37 PMSep 1Sign in to reply to author
Sign in to forward
You do not have permission to delete messages in this group
Either email addresses are anonymous for this group or you need the view member email addresses permission to view the original message
to logic-acc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.
So here's a weird question. Do we have a timeline or something about when Logic became accessible?
I ask because I see a *lot* of complaints about how Apple is ignoring accessibility and what have you. But I was looking through some old Facebook posts, and apparently back in 2013, there was a petition to make Logic accessible.
Obviously it happened, which is not to say that Apple did everything, we have awesome things like Logic Magician and I know there are other things I'm forgetting about at the moment, because I should be in bed. But obviously Apple did quite a lot, because we're all using it now, or wanting to learn to use it anyway.
So when did this start happening? Why did it happen? Did Apple just decide to do it one day, did organizations put pressure on them, something else? I know Garage Band had some sort of accessibility fairly early on, around Mac OS 10.6 or so I think. I just assumed Logic paralelled it, but apparently not, since that's when the petition was around. Now I'm really curious about the story of how/what/where/when/why it happened, if anybody happens to know anything about it.