Trouble With Dragging And Dropping Tracks in Recent Updates

2 views
Skip to first unread message

Dave Leo Baker

unread,
Aug 17, 2026, 12:16:35 PMAug 17
to logic-acc...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, and sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it.

In recent versions of Logic or macOS, I can no longer drag and drop tracks. So if I want to put two piano tracks together / next to each other, I used to find one and use the VoiceOver commands to drag and drop it in the tracks header area. Now I can’t do that either with the drag and drop commands, or with the VO commands for lock and unlock the mouse button. 
This is not related to Logic Magician at all as I have tested with it on and off. If you’ve seen it, how do you work around this now? Obviously it’s mainly aesthetic, up until I need to move 2 tracks next to each other so I can stack them. I’m kind of anal about moving tracks around though, especially in large orchestral and world / Bollywood works that I do for the micro licensing libraries / creator economy. But I imagine singer songwriter people do this too, having  multiple guitar tracks, vocal backup harmonies, etc. 

Anyway I’m reticent to complain but this is something that is getting in my way. For some reason Google sent messages from this list to the junk folder for a while / I don’t know why so I may have missed any discussion on it. If it’s a repeat I apologize.

Dave Leo Baker,
Your Spa Productions
Gentle rain for thirsty souls
https:artist.link/daveleobaker

TheOreoMonster

unread,
Aug 17, 2026, 1:58:25 PMAug 17
to logic-acc...@googlegroups.com
-T.O.M
Interested in One On One Training, Or a Free Getting Started With Logic Course? Want me to mix one of your songs and show you how? Want TO support me and get some bonus tutorials? Visit 
https://www.theblindlogic.pro/services
Check Out TheBlindLogicPro on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/@theblindlogicpro
Join TheBlindLogicPro on discord https://logic.band/discord
Stay up to date with Logic.band on Social Media
https://x.com/blindlogicpro
https://www.facebook.com/theblindlogicpro
https://www.instagram.com/theblindlogicpro/





--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Logic Accessibility" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to logic-accessibi...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/logic-accessibility/85A36A6A-027A-44FD-A82B-FD286C12631E%40gmail.com.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages