Moving to GitHub, and Updates

1 view

Brian Jones

Mar 15, 2010, 10:25:38 PM3/15/10
to loghetti-dev
Hi all,

I'd like to invite anyone still willing to put effort toward loghetti
to join us over at its new home on GitHub -->http://github.com/bkjones/
loghetti

The version now on github removes CommandLineApp as a dependency. Not
because CLA is bad (it's not, I sifted the code trying to replace it
an learned plenty), but because when I pinged Doug about some backward-
incompatible changes (months ago) he reminded me that argparse would
likely do all I need. I sat down for an hour with it last night and it
turns out he was right (but you knew that already). ;-P

So anyway, what's up there works, and I'm hoping to add unit tests,
decompose the argparse stuff I just added, implement features that are
implied in the code (like using '>' and '<' operators), and add new
features (like passing a whole date instead of --year --month --day --
hour --minute, for one). I'm also going to do some work on the
documentation.

I wanted to get it moved to GitHub before I started this big flurry of
work. If you all have ideas, I'd love to hear them. If you want repo
access, let me know, or if you prefer (and have a github account) you
can fork the repository and send me a pull request when you have
something to add.

Hope to see you on github!
brian