Ideas from other projects

Paul Nasrat

Apr 1, 2008, 10:18:49 AM4/1/08
to loghet...@googlegroups.com
When I found loghetti I also looked at apachelog on http://code.google.com/p/apachelog/
, which seemed to be less active (some unaddressed bugs with patches).

What that does is support arbitrary logformats by parsing the format.

I was wondering if that would be something that would be of interest
to make the backend apachelogs.py module deal with. Or at least allow
a factory to build common, combined, etc?

Paul

Brian Jones

Apr 1, 2008, 1:31:27 PM4/1/08
to loghet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Yeah, I believe I mention, in the TODO section on the project
homepage, that this is something we want to do, but at this early
stage, we'd like to have a narrower scope to get a solid foundation in
place without the added distraction of chasing bugs associated with
all of the various formats out there. We already have bugs to chase
with one format! ;-P

I would imagine, though, that it won't be long before this
functionality is added. Development is going at a nice pace, and the
changes being made do not preclude things like this from being
implemented.

brian.

--
Brian K. Jones