Seminario Conexión de GALoiS - 31.3.23 - Around the proof of categoricity of modular functions - Andrés Villaveces

Andrés Villaveces

Mar 30, 2023, 9:10:48 PM3/30/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Joel Nagloo

Friday 31 March. 11 am Bogotá / Chicago

Meet: http://meet.google.com/oyv-msmv-mos

Andrés VILLAVECES NIÑO (UNAL).

Around the proof of categoricity of modular functions

Abstract: This continues the lecture from a week ago. Within the large-scale framework presented then, a core proof (with variants of different sorts in the 8 situations mentioned) emerged: a connection between categoricity of modular (or Shimura, or...) curves in the setup put forth by Zilber et al, on the one hand, and behavior of the Galois representation (Mumford-Tate Conjecture) on the other hand. I will discuss various aspects of this proof, trying to give a general picture of (part of (one of the directions of)) the proof, and some technical issues that have emerged in our discussions with John Baldwin and Ronnie Nagloo.

More info here: https://sites.google.com/view/bogotalogica/courses-and-seminars/2023-1/seminario-conexi%C3%B3n-de-galois

---

Andrés Villaveces

avillavecesn.net
Departamento de Matemáticas - Edificio 404
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
AK 30 # 45-03
111321 - Bogotá - Colombia
Tel: +57 601 3165000 ext 13209

Andrés Villaveces

Apr 13, 2023, 9:27:41 PM4/13/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda
Friday 14 March. 11 am Bogotá / Chicago

Joel (Ronnie) NAGLOO (UIC). Towards counting types

Abstract: The connection between Galois representation and counting types will be explored.

Andrés Villaveces

Apr 20, 2023, 7:12:46 PM4/20/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda
Friday 21 March. 11 am Bogotá / Chicago

John BALDWIN (UIC). Towards counting types

Abstract: I will discuss the connection between the domain and variety side-- roughly where Ronnie ended-- and then describe the types that need to be counted.

Andrés Villaveces

Apr 28, 2023, 12:06:41 PM4/28/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda
Hoy no tendremos sesión de nuestro seminario Conexión de GALoiS.

Próxima sesión: viernes 5 de mayo, hora usual.

Andrés Villaveces

Aug 31, 2023, 4:41:11 PM8/31/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo
Our Seminar (Conexión de GALoiS), jointly organized between UIC and UNAL, resumes tomorrow!

We plan to have lectures on mirror symmetry, the model theory of inverse limits, the model theory of covers, etc., by John Baldwin, Xavier Caicedo, Alexander Cruz, Andrés Villaveces and hopefully other people interested in or working in subjects of interaction between Model Theory and Geometry (understood in a wide sense).

The lectures will be at noon (in Chicago and Bogotá) or sometimes at 3 pm, on Fridays.

First lecture: 1 September, 12:00 noon,

Speaker: John Alexander CRUZ (UNAL)

On the modularity of mirror maps: connections with model theory.

Abstract: (later)

Andrés Villaveces

Oct 3, 2023, 10:01:27 AM10/3/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo
Friday 6 October. 12:00 to 13:30 Bogotá / Chicago
Meet: http://meet.google.com/oyv-msmv-mos

John Alexander CRUZ - UNAL (Bogotá)

Mirror maps, differential equations and model theory

In this series of talks I will introduce some Schwarzian differential equations that can be obtained from mirror maps for Calabi-Yau manifolds, in particular, hypersurfaces in projective spaces. I will propose a set of expectations about the model theoretic properties of those equations that should extend properties studied in the works of Aslanyan, Freitag, Nagloo, Scanlon and others. The goal is to formulate those expectations as theorems and discuss the strategy of their proof.  At the end, I will mention some possible applications of the model theoretic properties in the study of mirror symmetry.

Andrés Villaveces

Oct 10, 2023, 5:23:19 PM10/10/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo, Anatoly Libgober
Friday 13 October. 12:00 to 13:30 Bogotá / Chicago
John Alexander CRUZ - UNAL (Bogotá)

Mirror maps, differential equations and model theory (part II)

In this series of talks I will introduce some Schwarzian differential equations that can be obtained from mirror maps for Calabi-Yau manifolds, in particular, hypersurfaces in projective spaces. I will propose a set of expectations about the model theoretic properties of those equations that should extend properties studied in the works of Aslanyan, Freitag, Nagloo, Scanlon and others. The goal is to formulate those expectations as theorems and discuss the strategy of their proof.  At the end, I will mention some possible applications of the model theoretic properties in the study of mirror symmetry.

Andrés Villaveces

Oct 25, 2023, 4:53:18 PM10/25/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo, Anatoly Libgober
Friday 27 October. 12:00 to 13:30 Bogotá / Chicago
John Alexander CRUZ - UNAL (Bogotá)

Mirror maps, differential equations and model theory (part III)

In this series of talks I will introduce some Schwarzian differential equations that can be obtained from mirror maps for Calabi-Yau manifolds, in particular, hypersurfaces in projective spaces. I will propose a set of expectations about the model theoretic properties of those equations that should extend properties studied in the works of Aslanyan, Freitag, Nagloo, Scanlon and others. The goal is to formulate those expectations as theorems and discuss the strategy of their proof.  At the end, I will mention some possible applications of the model theoretic properties in the study of mirror symmetry.

Andrés Villaveces

Nov 9, 2023, 11:23:46 AM11/9/23
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo, Anatoly Libgober
Friday 10 November. 12:00 to 13:30 Chicago time

OJO: 13:00 a 14:30 Hora de Bogotá

Meet: http://meet.google.com/oyv-msmv-mos

Open Discussion (Alexander CRUZ, John BALDWIN, James FREITAG, Ronnie NAGLOO, Andrés VILLAVECES, Anatoly LIBGOBER)

Mirror maps and model theory

After the series of talks led by Alex Cruz, we will hold an open discussion on possible connections between Mirror Symmetry and Model Theory (the role of differential equations and DCF, the possible roles of infinitary logic and quasiminimality, and possible variants of modularity.

Andrés Villaveces

Feb 15, 2024, 4:54:07 PMFeb 15
to logbog, John Baldwin, John Alexander Cruz Morales, coocurm...@unal.edu.co, Leonardo Arturo Cano Garcia, David Blazquez Sanz, Joel Nagloo, Zoran Skoda, Xavier Caicedo, Anatoly Libgober, Departamento de Matem�ticas Ciencias, Michael Harris
Friday 16 February. 12:00 to 13:30 Chicago time

OJO: 13:00 a 14:30 Hora de Bogotá

Joel (Ronnie) Nagloo - UIC:

Model theory and the Schwarzian equations

Abstract: The Schwarzian equations appear as the uniformizing differential equations for Fuchsian covering maps (or uniformizers). In this talk I will survey the work with Blázquez-Sanz, Casale and Freitag, around using model theoretic techniques to study these equations. I will also try and discuss some of the questions asked about them in the previous talks.

---