pre-conf meeting this morning

Ed Summers

Feb 13, 2009, 3:00:11 PM2/13/09
to lod-preconf
We had a good discussion this morning about some of the remaining
details for the AM tutorial and the PM session. You can see the
result on the wiki [1].

The main take aways were:

- adding dchud to the AM roster (dchud does this look ok?)
- edsu to compile a short bibliography of reading materials
- lbjay to print out a little packet of docs including said
bibliography, cool uris for the semantic web, linked data
principles ... (lbjay++)
- we'll spend 30-45 minutes after lunch getting everyone to publish a
minimal FOAF for use in the book raffle, and possible other afternoon
sessions
- the rest of the afternoon is unconference style with some ideas
noted in [1], some of which included:
- jphipps on http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/
- lbjay on semantic mediawiki
- charper, jdatema on drupal and rdf/linked-data
- rsinger on creating little apps to work with pre-conf data
- we'll regroup near the end of the day to talk about what we learned,
possible things we can continue to do during the conference, and to
find the nearest bar

Did I miss anything? The PM session scares me, and seems like there's
so much...but we'll have rsinger there to make sure it goes ok I
guess.

//Ed

[1] http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/LinkedData

Dan Chudnov

Feb 13, 2009, 5:28:56 PM2/13/09
to lod-p...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 13, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Ed Summers wrote:

> - adding dchud to the AM roster (dchud does this look ok?)

cool, thanks. i'll do my best to give everybody something to argue
about over lunch. :)

Fleming, Declan

Feb 17, 2009, 12:05:31 PM2/17/09
to lod-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

It looks like you have plenty of content. I'm willing to talk about
UCSD's triple store/SOLR based Digital Asset Management System if you
need some filler. Esme Cowles, one of our devs, will be in the linked
data session too and could probably go as deep as people needed. He's
done a lot of work on the performance of triple stores like
Allegrograph, Mulgara, etc.

Jay Luker

Feb 17, 2009, 12:37:28 PM2/17/09
to lod-p...@googlegroups.com
Just to update, I've had a really busy couple of days to start the week. I'll have a chance to further explore the semantic wiki thing and assemble our handouts starting tomorrow.

BTW, Ryan Wick has installed the Semantic MediaWiki extension at wiki.code4lib.org if someone else wants to start checking it out. I'm still open to hosting something myself on my linode. I've also been looking at a project called OntoWiki as an alternative.

--jay

Michael J. Giarlo

Feb 18, 2009, 11:01:21 AM2/18/09
to lod-p...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

The log from our 2/13 planning meeting is now available:

http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Talk:LinkedData#February_13th_.23code4lib_planning_meeting

There were a lot of great ideas that came up re: the PM session that
aren't necessarily reflected on the wiki. So if your memory is fresh,
please, by all means, have at it.

-Mike