"OK. But what can you do with it?"

thc4

Feb 10, 2009, 11:47:54 AM2/10/09
to lod-preconf
That's often the response I get when discussing Linked Data; and it's
a reasonable one.

By now many people get the idea, and even are in a position to be
providers of data. What is often lacking is discussions of the
processing and application aspects of the Linked Data approach. Could
we have some of that at the preconference?

Ed Summers

Feb 10, 2009, 4:08:21 PM2/10/09
to lod-p...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM, thc4 <catap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By now many people get the idea, and even are in a position to be
> providers of data. What is often lacking is discussions of the
> processing and application aspects of the Linked Data approach. Could
> we have some of that at the preconference?

Yes, several people have asked the 'so what' question in our planning
sessions. We've got the morning session pretty much solidified:

http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/LinkedData

But we still have to work out exactly what's going to happen in the
afternoon. The little we've talked about so far for the afternoon
involve building on the interest from the AM sessions, and also
exploring the practical implications of working with linked data with
different languages, tools and services.

I think we're going to get together again in
irc://chat.freenode.net/code4lib at 10AM on Friday EST to chat about
the afternoon details. Are you going to be attending in the afternoon
too?

//Ed