Login error?

Matthew Maher

Feb 1, 2024, 4:04:11 PMFeb 1
to locuszoom
I'm trying to log in to LZ as I have many times (great tool!) with a google-based email address (broadinstitute.org) and today it says:

Social Network Login Failure
An error occurred while attempting to login via your social network account.

thoughts?

Andy Boughton

Feb 1, 2024, 4:19:24 PMFeb 1
to locu...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Welch
Interesting; I'm seeing the same behavior.

I've seen multiple google services acting oddly in the last 24 hrs. It might be transient on their part, but I'll investigate now.

-Andy Boughton
abo...@umich.edu

Applications Programmer/Analyst, Lead
Center for Statistical Genetics
University of Michigan

Andy Boughton

Feb 2, 2024, 11:13:17 PMFeb 2
to locu...@googlegroups.com
Status update for anyone wondering: we’ve identified the problem that is breaking social media logins (a networking issue), but the fix appears to be colliding with a recent systems change. Rather than ask our small sysadmin team to work into the night, we expect to pick up the process with them on Monday.

For the interim, our LocalZoom tool can be used to make Locuszoom region plots privately from a client side file. It doesn’t make manhattan plots or offer all the other annotations, but it does offer basic locuszoom plots from a tabix file, using a UI you’re already familiar with. We try to never leave our users without options!

-Andy Boughton

Matthew Maher

Feb 3, 2024, 10:05:40 AMFeb 3
to locuszoom
Thanks for the update Andy.  FWIW:
Actually, late yesterday I checked and I WAS able to log in without error.  I then (apparently successfully) uploaded a half-dozen GWAS files for processing (there's been no email "it's ready" response received yet).

But now today I see that the login is back to saying "Social Network Login Failure".

I understand the login issue is getting worked on.  But I wonder:  would the files I uploaded be expected to really be in queue?  or would they be somehow lost due to the login error?

thanks for any info and best of luck with the COVID recovery.

-Matt