Deprecation warnings in hello world example?

Rick Mann

Jan 22, 2015, 2:37:25 AM1/22/15
to locomo...@googlegroups.com
I get the following warnings after following the Getting Started steps:

> Locomotive 0.4.2 application starting in development on http://0.0.0.0:3000
> connect deprecated multipart: use parser (multiparty, busboy, formidable) npm module instead node_modules/express/node_modules/connect/lib/middleware/bodyParser.js:56:20
> connect deprecated limit: Restrict request size at location of read node_modules/express/node_modules/connect/lib/middleware/multipart.js:86:15
> connect deprecated methodOverride: use method-override npm module instead config/initializers/30_middleware.js:16:20
> HTTP server listening on 0.0.0.0:3000

Is this expected? Thanks.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com

Tomas Sentkeresty

Nov 7, 2015, 5:34:36 AM11/7/15
to Locomotive
The multipart and limit can be fixed this way:
/**
  |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | Original: this.use(express.bodyParser())
  */
  this.use(express.json());
  this.use(express.urlencoded());

I am at beginning with NodeJS and locomotive framework so I hope it will work for you ok.
If somebody knows how to get rid off methodOverride deprecated alert please let us know.
Thank you.

Dňa štvrtok, 22. januára 2015 8:37:25 UTC+1 Rick Mann napísal(-a):