Fwd: Perennials, Trees and Shrubs Plant Sale on now through June 23

Diane Tokugawa

Jun 15, 2024, 12:22:50 PMJun 15
to LOCCNA
Diane

Begin forwarded message:

From: UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley <gardenm...@berkeley.edu>
Subject: Perennials, Trees and Shrubs Plant Sale on now through June 23
Date: June 15, 2024 at 7:30:52 AM PDT

UCBG Logo

Perennials, Trees and Shrubs

Pop-Up Plant Sale!

Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida var. urbiniana)

Pop-Up Plant Sale:

Now through Sunday, June 23

Flowering perennials, shrubs, 30-foot-tall trees;
this is the sale to find a huge variety of plants for your garden!

This sale features a large selection of adaptable and fun plants grown here at the Garden, including specialty Pelargonium primarily from our South African Collection, seldom grown or sold in nurseries. Some of our favorites are featured below.
HOURS:

Saturday, June 15
Members only from 9:00–10:00 am
General Public: 10:00–4:30 pm

Sunday, June 16–Sunday, June 23
10:30 am–4:30 pm
Plant List
  • Members receive their regular 10% discount on plant purchases
  • Bring a box to carry your purchases home
  • If you plan to only shop without a Garden visit, there is no reservation or admission fee required.

Here are a few of our propagator favorites and

check the website here for more plant ideas!

Mexican Flowering Dogwood
(Cornus florida var. urbiniana)

A rare tree from the mountains of eastern Mexico. It needs slightly acidic, evenly moist soil, with filtered sun. Bears unique, spectacular flowers, with white bracts fused to form cage-like shapes. Form is taller than wide. Protect from frost the first 3 years. Hardy to Bay Area low temperatures once established.
St. John’s Wort
(Hypericum x inodorum)

Also known as Aaron’s Beard or Tutsan, this eye-catching gem merits a special place in your garden. With both golden-yellow flowers and shining red berries showing off against deep green leaves at the same time, St. John’s Wort is beautiful, easy to grow, and tolerates many soils. Deer resistant and attracts butterflies and bees with its bright flowers – what more could you ask for!
Specialty Pelargonium Selection

You can’t find these in most nurseries! These Pelargoniums are primarily from our UCBG South African collection, and they are seldom grown or sold in nurseries. A breeze to grow here with sun and very well-draining soil, they’re also hardy in the coastal Bay Area, though they should be protected from unusual hard freezes.
Shown above: Pelargonium triste
Salvia puberula

This shrubby Salvia from the mountains of Mexico blooms from late summer until frost, bearing bright pink flowers on the top of long stems. Short soft hairs cover the stems and pea green leaves.

University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley
Our mission is to develop and maintain a diverse living collection of plants,
to support teaching and worldwide research in plant biology, further the conservation of plant diversity, and promote public understanding and appreciation of plants and the natural environment.
VISIT I JOIN I COLLECTIONS I SHOP I DONATE
Facebook        Instagram        X        YouTube        LinkedIn
UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley | 200 Centennial Dr | Berkeley, CA 94720 US