Fwd: Homelessness down by 45% in Berkeley

1 view

Alan Gould

Jun 3, 2024, 5:53:50 PMJun 3
to LOCCNA

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jesse Arreguín <je...@jesse.vote>
Subject: Homelessness down by 45% in Berkeley
Date: June 3, 2024 at 2:35:53 PM PDT
To: Alan Gould <adg...@comcast.net>

Jesse Arreguin for Mayor

Alan --

I am excited to share that Berkeley has achieved a significant milestone in our fight against homelessness. Recent reports from Alameda County’s Point in Time (PIT) Count show a 45% reduction in unsheltered homelessness and a 20% overall decrease in homelessness in Berkeley. This is a testament to our work to build more affordable housing, prevent displacement, and provide a compassionate response to those without shelter.

For those interested in how our efforts have led us here, I want to share my recent KTVU interview where I highlighted the critical roles of Measure P, which provides around $10 million annually from real property transfer taxes to pay for homeless services, and State measures like the Homekey program in addressing the crisis in Berkeley. Our success underscores both the urgent need to extend Measure P to continue our progress and to expand these efforts across the East Bay, to replicate our positive outcomes and accomplish permanent supportive housing for all.

While this is a major achievement, our work is not done. We need effective solutions to be ingrained at the local and state levels to create a lasting impact in our community and bring bold, compassionate action on homelessness across the district.

My dedication to ending homelessness is deeply personal. I’m a lifelong renter and have personally faced housing insecurity. I understand these issues intimately. But I can’t make progress alone!

Please consider donating to our campaign today to help us win this race, so we can expand the effective solutions we achieved in Berkeley to reduce homelessness across the region and state

Let’s end homelessness once and for all together!

Mayor Jesse Arreguín
https://www.jesse.vote/

Jesse Arreguin for Mayor
www.Jesse.vote
Donate
FBTWIG

Paid for by Jesse Arreguin for State Senate
District 7 2024, FPPC ID 1458186

This email was sent to adg...@comcast.net

Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.

Daniel Caraco

Jun 3, 2024, 6:27:04 PMJun 3
to Alan Gould, LOCCNA
Up in Oakland.  Just pushed it next door!
Sent from my iPhone