Web 2.0 / Social Media in Local Government usage survey results

1 view

Paul Canning

Aug 20, 2009, 8:43:21 AM8/20/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe this has been posted to the list.

http://www.communities.idea.gov.uk/c/1212756/forum/thread.do?backlink=ref&id=1331282
Web 2.0 / Social Media in Local Government usage survey results

Ask me for it if you're unable to get into CoP.

Highlights which Helen Williams picked out:

Only 7% of respondents said their council has a social media strategy (though most are planning to)

18% of respondents use Twitter

57% said marketing and PR are making the greatest use of Web 2.0 tools (cf IT 28% and Customer Service 17%)

And finally...

'When asked if the public sector wishes to emulate the success of commercial Web 2.0 websites such as TripAdvisor by allowing customers to review and rate council services as recommended by Gordon Brown in the government publication "Working Together", an overwhelming majority (79%) of respondents were in favour of this development to drive service improvements by listening to its citizens/employees.'

www.paulcanning.me.uk
web stuff and other ramblings
07986 008420
twitter.com/pauloCanning
~~~~~~~~~~~
Contents not for publication or circulation unless stated otherwise

Helen Williams

Aug 20, 2009, 9:32:09 AM8/20/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting this to the list!

Helen
incoming e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.
Socitm's Email and IP solutions are powered by www.uk.Clara.net

Paul Canning