Wot? Anothe session idea

Adrian...@idea.gov.uk

Jun 18, 2009, 6:02:50 PM6/18/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
Re this suggestion for a session, I have strong views, but will just need to send them up for ratification. Should be able to get back to you by Monday ...

>I've been thinking today and I think a session on engaging online
would be really useful. Our comms team have a very strict approvals
process when it comes to sending press releases and statements, but
with the 'always on' nature of the Internet and replies expected
immediately how do we deal with this? Obviously going through a
lengthy approvals process for every tweet, blog reply and forum post
isn't practical. Opinions?

Adrian Barker
Strategy Manager
IDeA
Tel: 0207 296 6604
Mobile: 07887 563229
Email: adrian...@idea.gov.uk
--------------------------

http://www.star.net.uk

Nick Booth

Jun 18, 2009, 7:06:21 PM6/18/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com

I also have strong opinions on this but will have to arrange a fee
before sharing them.

;-)

On 18 Jun 2009, at 23:02, <Adrian...@idea.gov.uk>

Eastwood , Ken

Jun 18, 2009, 7:10:39 PM6/18/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
I may or may not have views. It will cost you to find out either way. LOL
*** Barnsley MBC Disclaimer:
This e-mail and any files attached are confidential for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete the communication from your system without copying, disseminating or distributing the same in any way by any means.

Any views or opinions expressed belong solely to the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council. In particular, the Council will not accept liability for any defamatory statements made by email communications.
Recipients are responsible for ensuring that all e-mails and files sent are checked for viruses. The Council will not accept liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. No guarantees are offered on the security, content and accuracy of any e-mails and files received. Be aware that this e-mail communication may be intercepted for regulatory, quality control, or crime detection purposes unless otherwise prohibited.
The content of this email and any attachment may be stored for future reference.

Stephen Hilton

Jun 19, 2009, 4:06:45 AM6/19/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com, nick....@podnosh.com
Hi Adrian,

(Long time since I have heard from you)

My approach in Bristol has been pretty much to ignore the formal PR channels, as "eparticipation' is my job!

Unfortunately, I do not think we will be represented on Sat but I look forward to joining. the future discussion on edemocracy / eparticipation / digital inclusion type things

Best wishes

Stephen

Stephen Hilton
Connecting Bristol - Bristol City Council
www.connectingbristol.org

For advice on working with me and my sight http://tinyurl.com/22dv4r

About me; http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenhilton

M. 0779 544 6286
T. 0117 906 5638
e. stephen...@bristol.gov.u

1st Floor Prudential Buildings, 11 - 19 Wine Street, Bristol BS1 2PJ

Bristol is a founder member of the DC10plus Digital Inclusion Network http://www.dc10plus.net