Social media surgeries

Michael Grimes

Jul 5, 2009, 4:30:58 AM7/5/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm afraid I haven't actually been following these discussions very closely (sorry), but I thought you might like to know that plans are afoot here in Birmingham for a social media surgery for councillors. I have the backing of at least one councillor and two MPs, and hope to run the first surgery in the next few weeks.

The idea came from someone in a session at localgovcamp, and I'm keen to share my thoughts and experiences (the latter are quite slim at the moment) with people who are trying to do something similar in their area.

Best wishes,

Michael

---
Michael Grimes
http://www.citizensheep.com

AlanJC

Jul 5, 2009, 4:37:32 AM7/5/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
snap!

I'm kicking something off in Solihull, and then planning on seeing what the interest is around the rest of the West Midlands (although it won't be me at each SMS I hope) so perhaps we could get together and have a chat?

http://wmcsms.blogspot.com/

AlanJC

Email: ala...@chimerax.net
Twitter: @chimerax
http://www.chimerax.net

Andy Mabbett

Jul 6, 2009, 6:33:02 PM7/6/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
In message
<b778fb110907050130h4ca...@mail.gmail.com>, Michael
Grimes <michael...@gmail.com> writes

>plans are afoot here in Birmingham for a social media surgery for
>councillors. I have the backing of at least one councillor and two MPs,
>and hope to run the first surgery in the next few weeks.
>
>The idea came from someone in a session at localgovcamp,

Me; I'd be happy to collaborate.

--
Andy Mabbett

Stuart Harrison

Jul 6, 2009, 6:39:02 PM7/6/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
As will I!

--------------
Honestly, I can spell, I just can't use an iPhone keyboard

On 6 Jul 2009, at 11:33 PM, Andy Mabbett <an...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>

AlanJC

Jul 6, 2009, 6:38:42 PM7/6/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
ok well sheepboy and piggywig email me and I will give you my mobile and office number, or we should meet up one evening and get this kicked off!

AlanJC

Email: ala...@chimerax.net
Twitter: @chimerax
http://www.chimerax.net

Harper, Jan

Jul 8, 2009, 8:51:22 AM7/8/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com

Possible to observe social media surgery?  Good info in case Members/MPs up north want to know more and we won't need to re-invent the wheel (or the tweet).

Regards

jan harper

Lancashire County Council

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.

It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.

If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it

The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.

Lancashire County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email

Lancashire County Council has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.

Lancashire, a place where everyone matters