localgovcamp for Project and programme management!

1 Aufruf
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jon

ungelesen,
09.07.2009, 07:30:4509.07.09
an LocalGovCamp
Does anyone know if a project management focused localgovcamp type
thing exists...?

i'd really like to get localgov project/programme managers together
for a day of fun discussions about the challenges of delivering public
sector transformation projects and programmes... and also the
possibility of making Prince2 and MSP and bit more agile...

do you think anyone would be up for this?

Cheers,
Jon.

Michele Ide-smith

ungelesen,
09.07.2009, 08:20:5109.07.09
an LocalGovCamp
Hi Jon,

This definitely sounds like a good plan. I manage a team of web
project managers (who are Prince2 practitioners), but we also have a
separate team of business anlaysts and more generalist project
managers. We are about to undergo some changes internally which will
bring the two teams together, so that we are better able to tackle
service transformation. Our web development process is agile in
approach, but not any particular flavour of agile. We are also
embarking on a project to embed a user centred design process
(possibly ISO 13407) at the moment and it will be interesting (!) to
see how user centred design fits with agile and Prince2.

I would be happy to share some insights on embedding a user centred
design process into the mix.

Michele

Harper, Jan

ungelesen,
09.07.2009, 08:33:2309.07.09
an localg...@googlegroups.com
Count me in!

Regards

jan harper
Lancashire County Council, ICT Business Support (& PRINCE2 Practitioner)
********************
This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.
Lancashire County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email
Lancashire County Council has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.
********************
Lancashire, a place where everyone matters
********************

Jon

ungelesen,
10.07.2009, 05:38:2410.07.09
an LocalGovCamp
excellent - well 3 is a good start... would i be right in thinking
that you'd bring some of your team members along Michele?

I've started to think about a venue... we have some lovely facilities
here at Cheltenham, so i suppose the requirements are wi-fi, lots of
chairs and open space, some table, some flip charts, a buffet lunch.
I dont think it will be quite as flash as the last webby focussed
camp, (unless i can get some sponsorship :) ), but i'm mostly just
interested in getting a really lively bunch of enthusiastic people
together who are passionate about improving the way we do projects and
programmes in local government.

I think its also important to say that this isnt limited to IT/web
projects... i'd like this to cover all of the diverse stuff that local
government does... in fact why just local government, why not the
whole of the public sector :)

anyone else coming?

Cheers,
Jon.