Pandemic flu preparedness tools

Vinay Gupta

Jun 20, 2009, 4:35:17 AM6/20/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com

see http://bit.ly/scim2 for a set of tools for pandemic flu planning, provided under an open license.

The basic approach is to provide a simple map of the critical infrastructure for an institution - like local government or a hospital or a school - in a way which lets people from different sectors collaborate effectively to design in resilience in areas like power, water and communications with the cooperation of their service providers.

I think a lot of folks up there might find it quite useful, please pass it around.

Vinay

--
Vinay Gupta
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest

http://bit.ly/flucode - please follow the Flu Code
if you are in a flu-effected area. It protects us all.

http://guptaoption.com/map - social project connection map

http://hexayurt.com - free/open next generation human sheltering
http://hexayurt.com/plan - the whole systems, big picture vision

Gizmo Project VOIP : (USA) 775-743-1851
Skype/Gizmo/Gtalk/AIM: hexayurt
Twitter: @hexayurt http://twitter.com/hexayurt
UK Cell : +44 (0) 0795 425 3533 / USA VOIP (+1) 775-743-1851

"If it doesn't fit, force it."

Janet Harkin

Jun 22, 2009, 6:06:47 AM6/22/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com

Thought you might like to know that Devon CC has produced an elearning course for staff and partners called “What to do if there is  a flu pandemic”.

The course is freely available and can be repurposed by public sector organisations who are Learning Pool members (email me if you’re not sure whether you’re a member).

If you’re not a member but would like to take a look email me and I’ll arrange.

Thanks

Janet