Parti-gyle

1 view

Mitchel Jensen

May 19, 2022, 8:09:17 PM5/19/22
to Local 402 Brewers Union
Hello fellow brewers!

It's to late to ask about this to make difference but, what's is done is done. I am in the the process of finishing up a wheat wine and making a parti-gyle. This is family grown wheat from home, that I malted and I want make the most out of.

I am wanting to know if is their any guide lines to follow or ways to figure what out what to shoot for on on parti-gyle. I didn't realize this subject was so, untouched on my normal sources of information. So let me hear what you have to say if you have any experience with a parti-gyle for future brews.

Justin Gerharter

May 19, 2022, 8:18:03 PM5/19/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of any guidelines. That 2nd beer has tons of options. Don't be afraid to add other grains to the second mash to make a completely different beer.

Justin Cadwell

May 19, 2022, 8:29:37 PM5/19/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
As annoying as Denny Conn is, Experimental Brewing did a pretty decent podcast on this a few years ago: https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/brew-files-episode-41-parti-my-pots

Matthew Brown

May 20, 2022, 12:33:34 AM5/20/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, some breweries in England do this to make different beers with the same mash.  I imagine you could keep the styles at least similar enough, like make an old ale and then a mild or so on.
Ron Pattinson has a lot of great information about what breweries did in the past.  You can search his blog posts.