barrel projects reminder

Justin Gerharter

Jun 23, 2022, 12:51:38 PM6/23/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Brewers - as we discussed at the last meeting, the Barleywine and Wee Heavy barrels are ready to be emptied and we've scheduled that event for Sunday, 6/26 @ 4:30PM. If you are unable to make it, please make arrangements to get your keg(s) to someone who is able to make it.

Mike's address: 12058 Iva St. Gretna, NE

Links to the sign-ups as reminders:
Barleywine - filled 1/23/2021
Wee Heavy - filled 5/2/2021

Cheers,
JG

David Vandermeulen

Jun 23, 2022, 1:56:14 PM6/23/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
May need to get a keg to someone as i might be at the CWS.   How was the barleywine tasting?  I thought somebody was saying it was starting to take a turn for the worse awhile back but could be thinking incorrectly.

Justin Gerharter

Jun 23, 2022, 2:07:12 PM6/23/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Were you part of the 1792 Stout or have tried it? It has a very similar tang up front that we've heard varying opinions on. The 1792 Stout has done well in some competitions FWIW. The feedback at the tasting a couple of weeks ago was that it didn't taste much like a barleywine. I compared it to a Bass or English Pub Ale. Keep in mind that we each had less than an ounce at the tasting so our feedback was pretty much just initial impressions.

David Vandermeulen

Jun 23, 2022, 2:44:42 PM6/23/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Yep. Ive got the stout on tap and enjoy it quite a bit. Looking forward to the barleywine.

Thanks

David Vandermeulen

Jun 26, 2022, 10:45:13 AM6/26/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Is there anyone going out today that i can get a keg too? Ill be at the CWS and unable to get out there.

Thanks