September '22 meeting recap

Justin Gerharter

Sep 16, 2022, 10:46:37 AM9/16/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Brewers - Another great meeting was held last night. A big thank you to Dort for hosting and making sure the Chiefs game was on. As usual, we had a table full of great beer with a wide variety of styles. Nobody was going to be thirsty last night. Tom's pineapple sour made with Philly Sour yeast was a stand-out, as was the host's petite saison. On to the recap...
  • Financial update - We still have money. Inflation and supply chain issues continue to take their toll. Our CFO had a sit-down with an up-and-coming industry expert for insight into our path forward.
  • Competition & Festivals Updates
    • Sowers Cup - Tom is going to send out some info for judging/stewarding in October. This is a great opportunity to learn about competitions, meet some other homebrewers and drink some good beer.
    • I-80 Challenge: Judging vs the Lincoln Lagers is at the Casual Pint at 1:30PM on Sunday, 9/18.
      • Vienna Lagers - Justin G's two entries were selected
      • Ciders - Tom and Justin G's entries were selected
  • Clone Wars: Oskar Blues - Sign Up Here
    • I will be in Denver with a car the week before the meeting - if you're brewing for this and unable to find the real beer locally for us to compare, let me know and I'll pick some up for you.
  • Club Officer Elections for 2023 - a Russian-style election will be held in November. If you're interested in holding a position, Matty B will throw you out of a window before the election. Kidding - if you want the illustrious position of Secretary to send out agendas and recaps, the opportunity is coming.
  • Brewdowns:
    • The double banger: Vienna Lager was won by a single vote by Justin G. - Ciders was also won by Justin G.
    • October Reminder - Clone Wars: Oskar Blues
    • November Drawing - Scott Schemahorn vs. Tom Mendick - Cat 24: Belgian Ales
That's all for this month.

Keep those fermenters full,
JG