August '22 Meeting Agenda

Justin Gerharter

Aug 4, 2022, 12:53:58 PM8/4/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com

Brewers - Getting the agenda out earlier than normal as this month is our family event at Clark and Deb's house on Saturday, 8/13 (NO MEETING ON THURSDAY, 8/11). The club will be providing brats for everyone but nobody wants to eat just brats. Please sign-up to bring a side or dessert to share along with the usual homebrew (link below). This is also our yearly Beer Camp exchange. Even if you didn't participate in the exchange, you'll get a chance to vote for the best label. With this being a family event...the agenda is shortened for efficiency. I'll include the usual details in the recap. Hope to see you and your families there.

This will also be our first gathering since winning the Shootout AGAIN...as if we needed another reason to crank it up to 11.

Sign-Up Sheet - please include # of attendees

When: Saturday, 8/13 @ 3PM (we'll run through the quick agenda at 4PM)

Where: Clark and Deb's house: 14598 42nd St, Plattsmouth, NE 68048 - park in the driveway and lawn on the south side of the driveway

Agenda:

  • Brewdowns – Bryan Dort vs The Field (anyone who wants to bring an American Porter or Stout - Category 20). October drawing. September reminder (Chris Proulx vs Justin Gerhater - Vienna Lager and Cider)
  • 2022 Beer Camp – Exchange and best label judging
  • Show and Tell - What homebrew did you bring

2022 Club Officers

President - Bryan Dort

Vice President - Scott Schemahorn

Secretary - Justin Gerharter

Treasurer - Justin Cadwell

Competitions+Education - Tom Mendick

I-80 Categories (Sign-Up)
March: British Golden Ale & English IPA
June: Saison & American Pale Ale
September: Vienna Lager & Cider
December: English Barleywine & Imperial Stout

Michael Enfield

Aug 4, 2022, 3:36:55 PM8/4/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Sorry not gonna make it!  Getting away to the Lake of the Ozarks with my wife.  Have fun, Clark and Deb are amazing hosts!

Michael Enfield

Rachel Larson

Aug 4, 2022, 6:35:47 PM8/4/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Sounds so fun! Sorry to miss it! I’m in Thailand until the 15th! Cheers all! 🍻 Sad to miss giant Jenga!

Sent from my iPhone

Bryan Dort

Aug 8, 2022, 8:27:31 PM8/8/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder, please go out to the signup sheet in JG’s original email and put your name out there if you are attending. Even if you aren’t bringing any side or anything, we still need to get a headcount.

As a reminder, this is family/kid friendly so bring the fam out!

See y’all Saturday!

Bryan

Matthew Brown

Aug 9, 2022, 12:50:42 AM8/9/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it this year.  Helping multiple family members move on that Saturday.

Have fun all

Scott Schemahorn

Aug 10, 2022, 10:29:52 AM8/10/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
For those participating in Beer Camp, I will not have my beer there for exchange.  It's just not ready to get canned.  And I want to give those participating a good product.

I know Chris has had some constraints that are preventing him from getting his exchange beer brewed.

Would it be an idea to delay the exchange?  Just asking, I can get mine to you all in September.

Justin Cadwell

Aug 10, 2022, 11:29:15 AM8/10/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
My preference would be to still do the exchange as planned and you can bring your beers to the next meeting.

Justin C

cdch...@windstream.net

Aug 10, 2022, 6:59:48 PM8/10/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Justin we go forward with the exchange of beer.

Aug 13, 2022, 3:49:14 PM8/13/22
to local40...@googlegroups.com