Music/Text, Globalquerque, ISEA, a poet from the Netherlands and more...

Lisa Gill

Sep 19, 2012, 1:31:06 AM9/19/12
to Local Poets Guild Google Group
Happy Poetry,
So I want to let you know about a veritable onslaught of goodnesses coming up...

#1 Thursday September 20th at 7:30 PM at the Projects (3614 High Street NE)
LPG & TEO 315  present "Curiouser & Curiouser: A Night of Music & Text"
This showcase kicks off what will be a monthly poetry and music showcase. For this one, three acts are planned. Mitch Rayes and his daughter Sirena Rayes perform together to music composed by Mitch; Lisa Gill performs a new poem titled "Manifestations of Thwart and Opine for Curved Bill Thrasher and Toy Piano" with Michael Vlatkovich of LA on trombone and Clyde Reed of Portland on Bass; plus a performance by TEO 315 (th3 e1emental orke5tra) consisting of founders Mark Weaver and Mike Balistreri  as well as Santa Fe musicians Matt Norman and Al Faaet--plus percussion. We also may be joined by special guest Andreas Maria Jacobs of the Netherlands who is here for ISEA and received the E-Poetry Award from Local Poets Guild. For more info, see http://localpoetsguild.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/note-worthy-cabinet-of-musictext-curiosities/

#2 FYI: Friday, September 21, 5:30pm $10 at The Planetarium at the NM Museum of Natural History
The Outpost Performance Space presents David Moss in concert for ISEA
Renowned vocalist David Moss will perform Hyperglyphyx – a solo performance on the edges of technology featuring voice, electronics, objects, stories and exploring moments of FTL (faster than logic) communication through warped words, found songs, phased phonemes, and scrambled texts from Wittgenstein, Cage and Calvino. See http://www.outpostspace.org/node/1029 Local Poets Guild also got the option to take a few poets to hear his workshop on voice/technology for ISEA on Sunday at 12:30 pm. See http://www.outpostspace.org/node/1030 If interested RSVP to lisa at neararte...@yahoo.com

#3 FYI: Globalquerque, the renowned World Music Festival also kicks off Friday night and runs through Saturday. See http://globalquerque.org. Local Poets Guild was happy to support their recent successful kickstarter campaign with poem-postcards and also to receive the support of a few scholarship tickets.

#4 Saturday Sept 22nd, at 1 pm, free
LPG presents Wordplay/WORLD-Play, an annual outreach performance at Globalquerque's Free Daytime Events in the Wells Fargo Theater at the National Hispanic Cultural Center, this time featuring Margaret Randall  and Tony Mares   who will share poems from Cambodia and Spain (respectively)... and we're working on showcasing some of Margaret's photos also.  For more details see our blog post http://localpoetsguild.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/wordplayworld-play-margaret-randall-tony-mares-at-gobalquerque/

#5 Also on Saturday, during the ISEA conference, which is also on the NHCC premises, the poet selected by LPG for the E Poetry Award, Andreas Maria Jacobs of the Netherlands, will give a presentation titled "Electronic poetry as subversion, or 11 ways to escape the semantic trap", 11 short digital poetry pieces at 2:30 Saturday, September 22, 2:30pm at the NHCC Common Area in the Education BUilding.This event is for ISEA registrants.. for more information about ISEA The international Symposium of Electronic Art, and how to attend the conference please see http://www.isea2012.org/ I believe that ISEA and its producer 516 ARTS are still recruiting a few more volunteers... write me if you'd like to volunteer, and I can put you in touch with the person you need to speak to. Even if you are not attending the conference, you can also meet Andreas, who is an artist, poet, editor of Nictoglobe, either on the Thursday evening music event (see above), or in a private gathering sunday afternoon. RSVP to lisa at neararte...@yahoo.com if you'd like an invite to join the discussion with Andreas on Sunday...

#5 Sunday is the David Moss workshop (see above), plus the private gathering with Andreas Maria Jacobs of the Netherlands, and the final night of the Roost, the 8--week music series at the outpost which is curated by Mark Weaver (one of our conspirators for Thursday's show)...

#6 East of Edith on Monday features the fabulous Larry Goodell... 7 pm at 3614 High Street NE. Don't miss this rare treat... (new blogpost forthcoming)...

In fact, I'd say don't miss any of this--- if it wasn't absurd to try to make every event. I like absurdity, so I am gonna try to catch everything listed here.

In closing, I'm happy to say that Albuquerque's thriving poetry scene continues to hold fast to all the mainstays that keep it thriving, and then as a bonus, next weekend too, the Albuquerque Cultural Conference is on.

Enjoy the word.

lg
Lisa Gill
Poet and Author
Local Poets Guild Founder/Executive Director
PO BOX 27686 *changed address*
Albuquerque, NM 87125
http://localpoetsguild.wordpress.com
neararte...@yahoo.com