Reworking the LPG Blog

Lisa Gill

Jun 15, 2013, 6:25:00 AM6/15/13
to lisa gill, Local Poets Guild Google Group
Dear Poets, Readers, Listeners, and Colleagues,
LPG is undergoing some radical changes these days, including a new blog format. As I do more work from home to accommodate ongoing disability needs, with less focus on hosting performances, you'll find more (and more varied) articles appearing on the blog. At any given time, the front page will showcase the latest ten stories--and of course, you can peruse the older articles and pages also.

Right now I point your attention to the current front page at http://localpoetsguild.wordpress.com/
which offers  an array of posts including:
*today's post which showcases a new video called Silence Ire on the theme of resilience;
*information on OUTSpoken at Pride Fest, along with the visiting poet Jomar Valentin who LPG was happy to help bring;
*a recent poem by Merimee Moffitt,
*info on the closing of East of Edith and our final season at the Projects (now past);
*as well as a pretty full listing of new and ongoing opportunities to listen and share poetry in Albuquerque in a post titled "the ear, the almost-podium, and the stage." In it, I attempted a breakdown according to the calendar, including weekly events (including the new Monday open mic) as well as monthly and quarterly events and some others to keep your eyes peeled towards. Lots of beautiful thriving series and dedicated hosts and range of opportunities to listen and share.

Hope you enjoy the new magazine-style format. I look forward to honing our blog options and exploring different types of content as we pursue a more virtual and accessible and geography-embracing style.

(My definition of "local" is best defined as "on planet." Stretching is good.)

Looking forward to witnessing --and participating in-- the next evolutions of local literary insights and various permutations of possibility...

Read(y)ing,

lg

Lisa Gill
Artistic Director