Invite from Mitch (with books) TODAY & more

1 view

Lisa Gill

Jun 21, 2013, 2:53:07 AM6/21/13
to lisa gill
Hi Everyone,
I apologize for any duplicates. I wanted to make sure you received this invite from Mitch Rayes which is specifically for poets, East of Edith regulars, and friends of the Projects.

As you likely know, Mitch is closing the warehouse doors and moving on. Tonight Friday June 21 from 6 - 8 pm, he invites East of Edith regulars and the poetry and arts community to come out to the Projects 3614 High Street NE for a first dibs preview of the items he'll be parting with. There a huge array, ranging from BOOKS and more BOOKS to sofas and tables, beds and chairs, risers, some construction salvage, kitchen wares and moreOn Sunday June 23 from 10 am to 3 pm, he'll be having the more formal garage sale. (*Date was changed due to scheduled power outage Saturday.) See his very small ad on craigslist at https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3883944875/tpspn  Or see my very large blogpost with quick ad at the bottom at http://localpoetsguild.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/in-defense-of-writers-block-or-how-to-advertise-a-garage-sale-in-1150-words/

At this time, he's also going to be dispersing a large number of books, including most of his substantial personal library, as well as some that were collected when it looked possible to build an on-site poetry archive at the Projects. Please know that if you made a donation to this poetry collection, you are welcome to swing by on Friday (or Sunday) and see if there is anything you'd like to retrieve, or if you'd like to find yourself a stash of other books instead. Boxes will also be prepared to go into prisons and mental hospitals and some of the books have already found good homes. Should you be teaching a class, working with a group of students, or need something for a library or reading room at a facility you work with, please contact mitch...@yahoo.com or call him at 514-8019 or swing by the Projects. Later, perhaps a Book Animal (bradley???) may want to peruse what's left. Mitch is going to be in a rush to clear out by the end of June and we'd like to find good homes for the books.

Does anyone know if there is an archive for zines and such at Harwood? Or anywhere? If so, do let me know or tell Mitch. He plans to part with his stash though it'd be great to keep it somewhere or move it into other circulation...

That's about it for now. I will just add that soon I'll be taking submissions on various aspects of craft and poetics and community engagement, up to about 1500 words, for the LPG blog. As we move towards a more formalized magazine format, I'll begin putting out calls for submissions with specific themes and needs in short order, but meanwhile if something is on your mind and pressing, please feel free to pop a query or send a submission with image to me at this email address.

Thanks,

lisa gill