Greeting from Taiwan

kiang

Oct 11, 2011, 10:15:00 AM10/11/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm coming from Taiwan and be able to live in Sapporo for about 4 months, using working holiday visa. When looking for local PHP communities, I just found here. And thanks the admin to allow me to join this group.

I'm a PHP freelancer who familiar with developing applications using cakephp. But sadly that my Japanese is very poor. Forgive me if English make you feel bad. XD

Hope could see everybody in the next meet-up, if it's expected to be hold before 2012/02. :)

---
kiang

takuya sato

Oct 16, 2011, 10:19:37 PM10/16/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi kiang,

Welcome to LOCAL PHP Group, we're all happy to have you!!

My name is Takuya Sato and known as "nazo".
I am the "bucho" (manager) of LOCAL-PHP and leading this group.
LOCAL-PHP holds PHP related study meetings every other month in
Sapporo area. Next meeting is scheduled on December.

Once again, we all welcome you! Let's study together!! :-)
Just one thing beforehand, to be honest, we are not really good at
English. We are sorry for if there are any inconvenience.
I'm sure we all are PHPer, so we can talk by code. Right? ;-)

Do you know ATND? I think they have instruction in English.
http://atnd.org/

We usually use this service to handle our study meething, so please
prepare to use it.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!!

*memo*
This mail is translated by kuppi (Kumi T. MITANI).

--
佐藤 琢哉 ( Takuya Sato )
takuy...@gmail.com

Blog : http://labs.nazone.info/
Skype : nazone2225
Twitter : http://twitter.com/nazo
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/nazone

kiang

Oct 17, 2011, 1:46:17 AM10/17/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for replying, @nazo & @kuppi. I've created an account in ATND. :)

I could read the messages in Japanese with google translate (well, with some misunderstands). Looking forward to see you at next meetup.

---
kiang

kuppi T. M.

Oct 19, 2011, 12:19:17 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, kiang.

This is @kuppi. Welcome to LOCAL-PHP!!
I'm glad that you've already got the ATND account!

Let me first explain little bit of our organization.
http://www.local.or.jp/
LOCAL stands for Leading Organization of Community Activity for LOCAL,
and now we are mainly active in Hokkaido Area.
LOCAL operates several big events like Open Source Conference Hokkaido
or LOCAL Developer Day, and also runs several study groups focus on
specific purpose like PHP, infrastructure, security, and for students
activities.

Anyhow LOCAL-PHP is a community for "PHPers" in Hokkaido, tho! :)

I wish you will enjoy your Working Holiday stay in Hokkaido with us,
and if you need a language assistance, don't hesitate to ask me. All
right? :)

KIT
@kuppi

p.s.
I've just visted my friends in Taipei last month. That was my first
visit to Taiwan, and I really loved it!!

kiang

Oct 19, 2011, 2:20:22 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kuppi,

Thanks for your introduction. I would love to join any PHP related event during staying in Sapporo.

I'm glad that you love Taiwan. I also miss the night markets in Taiwan so much as I've stayed in Osaka for more than 3 months before coming to Hokkaido. Let me know if you have next plan to visit Taiwan. ;)

I'm living near Nakajima Park in Sapporo. I would love to have a dinner with anyone near this place and have some talks in English or Chinese. My wife, coming with me, is not good at English. But she could speak 'very poor' Japanese. :)

---
kiang

Masaru Kitajima

Oct 19, 2011, 3:54:19 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, kiang.

I'm Masaru Kitajima, and I'm new to LOCAL-PHP. But anyway welcome!

Why I'm writing you is because I'm interested in your living place.

My office is located at South 8 West 7, about 5 min walk from subway
Nakajima Koen entrance. Isn't it very closed? So, we could meet to
have dinner with you and your wife. Doesn't it sound great?

nazo-san just posted a message about next meet-up. I'll translate
the essential of nazo-san's mail for your convenience.

The next meet-up will be held on Saturday 26th Nov.

He's planning to arrange the meet-up as a hands-on seminar for CakePHP2.0
as CakePHP2.0 is just released and also "You are here" with us.

That's the essential. Sounds great!

Hope to see ya soon.

Kindest regards,
Masaru

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Manager / Photographer / Lecturer / Writer
Masaru Kitajima

E-mail:tachi....@gmail.com
blog:http://www.section-9.jp/blog/bluez/

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

kiang

Oct 19, 2011, 4:29:45 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Masaru,

Thanks. It looked like Hokkaido is not that cold. ;)

I've signed up the event http://atnd.org/events/21144

See you all there. ;)

---
kiang

kuppi T. M.

Oct 19, 2011, 4:37:17 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget to bring your NotePC! ;)

---
kuppi

2011/10/19 kiang <kia...@gmail.com>:

> --
> このメールは Google グループのグループ「LOCAL PHP部」の登録者に送られています。

> このディスカッションをウェブ上で閲覧するには、https://groups.google.com/d/msg/local-php/-/8LW_X53DReIJ

kiang

Oct 19, 2011, 4:39:02 AM10/19/11
to loca...@googlegroups.com