Homeless : Needing evaluation assistance on Foothill Aids Project [FAP] housing provided assistance and my individal case.

James M. Driskill

Dec 21, 2006, 8:22:27 AM12/21/06
to benita_...@ci.pomona.ca.us, Local-HIV-Comm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ms. Defrank:

My name is James Driskill.  I am person with HIV/AIDS (PWA) and as of July 16th 2006, I am technically classified "homeless".

As a person with AIDS, I strongly have views associated to goals of being self-supportive and even of higher merit of understanding to achieve the materialization of self-actualization.

I am contacting you outside of the below address to Foothill Aids Project [FAP] in relative but subjective needs to assess the "face validity" or other "validity" measurements of support services currently being "provided" as explained "only available" to me from PROVIDER ASSISTANCE IN HIV SUPPORTIVE CARE SERVICES [ RYAN WHITE TITLE I ].

I am aware of your stated "marginally address the need" on your HOMELESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS web page.

In terms of self-supportive ideals:

People With AIDS Self-Empowerment Movement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The People With AIDS (PWA) Self-Empowerment Movement was a movement of those diagnosed with AIDS and grew out of San Francisco. The PWA Self-Empowerment Movement believes that those diagnosed as having AIDS should "take charge of their own life, illness, and care, and to minimize dependence on others". The attitude that exists throughout the movement in that one should not assume that their life is over and will end soon solely because they have been diagnosed with HIV or AIDS.   [ read more ]

aidscompetence.org : Are you striving for AIDS Competence?

AIDS Competence means that we - as people in families, communities, in organizations and in policy making - acknowledge the reality of HIV and AIDS, and act from strength to build our capacity to respond, reduce vulnerability and risks, learn and share with others and live out our full potential.

In an AIDS Competent Society, we - as people in families, in organisations, and in policiy making - act from strength to;

  • acknowledge the reality of HIV and AIDS
  • build our capacity to respond
  • reduce our vulnerability to risk<
  • allow everyone to live out their full potential, and
  • share our experience with others.

Rehabilitation International logo with a small map of North America

Foreword

A few words about ICTA

The International Commission on Technology and Accessibility (ICTA) [01] is a permanent commission of Rehabilitation International, an international organisation with status at the United Nations.

ICTA's mission is to promote the creation of accessible environments in the areas of technology and information, as well as to offer a forum that facilitates the exchange of ideas and good practices, notably in the areas of housing, public transportation, communications, technical aids, as well as Web accessibility and universal design.

ICTA also works to sensitise decision makers in the public and private sectors, as well as community leaders with reference to the obstacles persons with disabilities face, and possible solutions concerning accessibility and technologies.

And last here but not anyway final:

Project Update: From Computer to Test Tube! First results from FightAIDS@Home computations are now being tested in the laboratory... Download Volume 2 of FightAIDS@Home News [PDF, 2.2 MB]. or read online

Go to battle against AIDS with your computer!

Fight AIDS at Home "What is FightAIDS@Home?"

FightAIDS@Home is the first biomedical distributed computing project ever launched. It is
run by the Olson Laboratory at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California. We provide free software that you download and install. The software uses your computer's idle cycles to assist fundamental research in discovering new drugs, building on our growing knowledge of the structural biology of AIDS.

FightAIDS@Home joins World Community Grid
November 2005

I am on SSDI disability of above average income of $1485/month.  [ Raised to $1534.00/month beginning 2007 ]

I was forced into the streets of homelessness from an unlawful eviction case in Oakland CA in HIV SUPPORTIVE CARE HOUSING to then have the only option to return to family supportive housing here in San Bernardino while I wait for options to open.

Instilled here homeless and still as of the my last week's case manager meeting with FAP has no status change of being on one single "transitional housing waiting list" since August 2006.

Case manager advises to search outside of supportive care services on my own for "market rate affordability" as it is continued to be explained to me that nothing is optioned or open for housing assistance except for this very minor effort attempt of being on a one single waiting list for transitional housing.

It might also be noted, that my mental health provided service elements are somewhat to very positive.  But even in this degree, we have discussed the conflict of  issues and he also makes the suggestion to completely abandon "supportive care agency services" as well for what I assume is his assessment that I have the aptitude of self-supportive care anyway.

And to question exactly why is this?, we can wonder.  Because of the "informational resources" I reach out to beyond the incompetence so far addressed to me throughout my history of being connected to and interacting with providers as a PWA since 1999.

I met with Debbie Mccary at the Pomona Office in September I do believe --- she was going to sign me up to Shelter Plus Care program.  I made a trip out there for nothing for she had not yet reviewed my case file to established that I did not qualify for this program due to my income.  I got justifiably angry.

BUT:

In terms of affordability, should it be necessary to activate the medical element of my medical coverage.... my share of costs are over $700/month and has no sensibility to activate by paying such fee so therefore my full medical coverage remains really "OFF THE CLIFF" of a fool's errand.

I just do not know how to believe anything of "competence" with HIV SUPPORTIVE CARE SERVICES in GENERAL and FAP SPECIFICALLY.

Below as a part of this issue, I will introduce and open to you a single correspondent attempt to communicate any court defense in my eviction case which failed to be acknowledge with other issues.  This correspondence below has not been previously shared.  This entire situation has fully invalidated me as a human or any trust I have to a supportive networking system.

Currently, as far as HIV medical care, that is covered by Aids Healthcare Foundation Upland --- transferred from the Oakland Clinic aka "The Magic Johnson Center" and I do have medical Part D.  As of this year, apparently ADAP no longer is reimbursing for the medical share of costs and I am still confused over the entire mess.

In the current issue of THRIVE EXPRESS [AHF newsletter] I think they are offering some what of an solution... but still I am not sure.... for it apparently is out of my reach as well.
From the President: This is not just the holiday season, it is open enrollment time for Medicare.  If you are confused about how this whole process works, join the club. Fortunately, if you are a person in Los Angles with HIV who has Medicare, it is simple. Los Angeles is the only place in the country where Medicare recipients can belong to a HIV specific plan.

I tried to address this issue last year with HIV SUPPORTIVE CARE SERVICES with the changes made with Medicare Part D which includes direct association of my building manager in HIV SUPPORTIVE HOUSING in December which were ignored.

HIV local community wide, this issue of the literacy of this specific area was not offered to us.... even to what degree corporate wide at ABHOW offered in literacy resource [as I have downloaded from their website last year December and does still remain online :  link ] was never placed into retrospect down to the residence of our building all of the way up to the last day of my residency in July even after my attempts to bring this topic [among others] forward.  In my view, this is just blatant discrimination residence wide and shows somewhat the attitudes local HIV community wide that I had been dealing with.

And now for the beginning of what is my ACTIONABLE conduct that results in being evicted and now homeless...

Thank you for the time to read this.

Advise me to where I should turn for some answers not silence.

Thank you,

Mr. James M. Driskill

    Driskill Vs Allen Temple Housing and Developement
Information About Medicare D -Prescription Drug Coverage Plan With the arrival of the new Medicare D -Prescription Drug Coverage Plan, ABHOW staff has information
James M. Driskill - 2 messages - May 3

  Driskill Vs Allen Temple Housing and Developement

From: James M. Driskill <jmdri...@post.com>
To: Amy L. Sekany <Amy_L....@realuphuman.net>
Date: May 3 2006 - 10:31pm