Anyone selling Evolocity 1 nodes for cheap?

MisterDNA

Sep 18, 2009, 4:33:23 PM9/18/09
to Linux Networx Users Group
I'll put this out there just in case.

I currently have a chassis with five working compute nodes and one
dead one. I'd like to fill the five spaces left in the chassis and
eventually pick up another full 10-node chassis.

I don't even know the likelihood of getting nodes for a deal even
close to what I got the ones I have for (less than a decent pizza),
but if anyone is looking to offload E1 nodes to someone who will
actually use them, here I am.

Josh Parry/ Hardware Technician

Sep 18, 2009, 11:06:00 PM9/18/09
to Linux Networx Users Group
Well eBay has one, but there's no size description. One of the good
Opteron 248 CPU's as well.
Here's the link:
http://computers.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=linux+server&_sacat=11211&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1311&LH_Auction=1&_dmpt=COMP_EN_Servers&_odkw=&_osacat=11211

MisterDNA

Sep 19, 2009, 12:19:55 AM9/19/09
to Linux Networx Users Group
I got one of those already and should be receiving it Tuesday. I
wonder how many the guy has, but if I show too much interest he may
jack the prices up. I sniped the last one.

Think it might be a double-wide?

On Sep 18, 9:06 pm, "Josh Parry/ Hardware Technician"
<J...@telcomservicescorp.com> wrote:
> Well eBay has one, but there's no size description. One of the good
> Opteron 248 CPU's as well.
> Here's the link:http://computers.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=linux+server&_sacat=11211&...

cpt_computer

Sep 20, 2009, 7:10:56 PM9/20/09
to Linux Networx Users Group, br...@r-associates.com, he...@r-associates.com
I am a former Linux Networx (LNXI) employee. The company I work for,
RAI, has been building LNXI clone clusters for customers and
supporting Evelocity I & II, as well as LS-1 clusters. We have an
inventory of refurbished LNXI nodes, chassises, and IceBoxes for
sale. We also can provide the LNXI BIOS, O/S upgrades, and on-site
integration. Please visit r-associates.com for more information or
call me , Scott Hunter, at 866-214-4657.