Blade cooling fans

Rob

Nov 14, 2008, 10:11:58 AM11/14/08
to Linux Networx Users Group
Dear Group,

Two of the nodes on my machine shut down not long after booting due to
overtemp. I cannot feel air movement while they are up, so I'm
assuming that the cooling fans are not functioning. If this is the
case, can I purchase new fans from manufacturer and replace them
myself?

If not, could you please forward name and contact information of
qualified tech that can do so? I'm located in Groton, MA.

Best regards,
Roberto

John Leidel

Nov 14, 2008, 10:26:55 AM11/14/08
to lnx...@googlegroups.com
Roberto, I imagine someone has a surplus of fans laying around.
However, you can probably measure an individual fan and order a new set
from newegg. I'm not terribly familiar with the actual fan design, but
I imagine they're fairly standard.

jhatch

Nov 15, 2008, 10:34:15 AM11/15/08
to Linux Networx Users Group
You may also want to check the motherboard fan headers, I've seen them
burn out on these nodes before... though they may be connected
directly to the power supply depending on the type of node.