flashing Dell nodes with latest factory BIOS

JustinW

Feb 8, 2010, 4:09:46 PM2/8/10
to Linux Networx Users Group
Not sure if anyone out there is still running FB+ on Dell nodes, and
wanting to update to the latest Factory Dell BIOS. I was able to get
it to work using a USB CD, but it was painful, especially on a lot of
nodes. I created some network bootable images which contain the 2.6.1
version for both the PE1950 and PE2950. Edit the dhcpd.conf file and
point to these files and the node will automatically flash the BIOS
and reboot when finished. I uploaded the .nbi files to the files
section (http://groups.google.com/group/lnxiug/files). Hope this
helps someone else out there.

-J