installing linux

Karthik Kumar Somangili

Sep 17, 2013, 11:40:32 PM9/17/13
to lnx...@googlegroups.com
HI, I got a evolution CPU from a Linux NetworkX  and was trying to use it as a standalone machine.
Can anyone advise me about installing ubuntu in that ?. Thanks
Karthick

Cameron Harr

Sep 18, 2013, 11:59:08 AM9/18/13
to lnx...@googlegroups.com
Karthick,
I don't remember part numbers, but the first step might be to find out
the model of the motherboard (maybe Supermicro?) and flash it with
factory BIOS. That should then allow it to boot off a DVD drive so you
can install Ubuntu.
Cameron