[Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] Email ballots

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jan 26, 2021, 9:37:31 PM1/26/21
to Libertarian National Committee list, Caryn Ann Harlos
I’m beginning to regret pushing for monthly meetings. I had thought we
would all honour the desire to nearly completely eliminate email ballots.

I will vote no every single time on any email ballot that violates the
spirit of this agreement. We can be better.
--

* In Liberty,*

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jan 27, 2021, 8:46:11 PM1/27/21
to lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org, Richard Longstreth, Caryn Ann Harlos
I quite like us being an engaged and active body. If you need some help let
me know.

I do think we could be more effective with our balloting and would suggest
that anyone with a motion for email ballot carefully wordsmith and gather
sponsors ahead of time. It seems we've started stabbing in the dark to find
people who support our motions rather than being collaborative.

As I stated elsewhere, an active email ballot is debatable for the time
period that the ballot is open and votes may change. I do not view it as a
slight anyone if the appropriate number of people develop an idea or motion
outside of this entire body throwing in their two cents on wordsmithing and
debating before we even get to the question itself. In that sense, yes I
agree we can better.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Jan 27, 2021, 8:49:44 PM1/27/21
to Richard Longstreth, Caryn Ann Harlos, lnc-bu...@hq.lp.org
My position has nothing to do with being busy - I have no idea why that
keeps coming up. It is that they are inefficient and not a proper
deliberative method for anything other than an election ballot or
functional rubber stamp.