Re: [Lnc-votes] [Lnc-business] [State Chairs] HR1

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 3:23:50 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Chris Luchini, Libertarian National Committee list, LP-State Chairs, Nicholas Sarwark, GROUP - Board
I dislike some of their objections; specifically campaign finance limits
shouldn't exist.

Having said that some of the other things that are in this bill are in fact
bad. Federal mandates on what state governments will use as general
election qualifications for parties, etc.

I would be interested in having a well-crafted libertarian response to
HR-1, even though my understanding is that it has no chance of passing.

sent from mobile therefore brief

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 1:11 PM Victoria Reynolds <state...@lpcolorado.org>
wrote:

> The Green Party put this out. Should we do something similar?
>
> https://www.gp.org/hr1
> --
>
> In Liberty,
>

> *Victoria Reynolds*Chairman
> Libertarian Party of Colorado
> 720-933-6900
> www.lpcolorado.org
> FB: fb.com/lpcolorado
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/lp.org/d/msgid/statechairs/CAExP0sPf1MdjWGMMspkHC1jMROFmqjsC4aqrvUz0kiLzhTY2PA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/lp.org/d/msgid/statechairs/CAExP0sPf1MdjWGMMspkHC1jMROFmqjsC4aqrvUz0kiLzhTY2PA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 3:41:07 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Joe Bishop-Henchman, LP-State Chairs, Database Manager, Nicholas Sarwark, Libertarian National Committee list, GROUP - Board
Happy to put out something, we don't have the bandwidth just yet to do an
analysis of the bill so I welcome any language anyone would like to send.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 3:39 PM Victoria Reynolds <state...@lpcolorado.org>
wrote:

> Thanks David, this is just an idea as well. I’d like to see some
> response from the LNC
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 1:25 PM Database Manager <
> databas...@lpcolorado.org> wrote:
>
>> here are some other takes also saying that it's a bad bill.:
>> https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/438239/
>>

>> https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/h-r-1-is-a-partisan-assault-on-american-democracy/
>>

>> https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/stacey-lennox/2021/03/08/james-clyburn-says-the-quiet-part-out-loud-while-insisting-hr-1-must-pass-n1430653
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 1:11 PM Victoria Reynolds <

>> state...@lpcolorado.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The Green Party put this out. Should we do something similar?
>>>
>>> https://www.gp.org/hr1
>>> --
>>>
>>> In Liberty,
>>>

>>> *Victoria Reynolds*Chairman
>>> Libertarian Party of Colorado
>>> 720-933-6900
>>> www.lpcolorado.org
>>> FB: fb.com/lpcolorado
>>>
>>> --

>>> an email to lpco-open-busin...@googlegroups.com.

>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lpco-open-business/CAExP0sPf1MdjWGMMspkHC1jMROFmqjsC4aqrvUz0kiLzhTY2PA%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lpco-open-business/CAExP0sPf1MdjWGMMspkHC1jMROFmqjsC4aqrvUz0kiLzhTY2PA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>

>> --
>> David Aitken, Database Manager
>> Libertarian Party of Colorado
>> databas...@lpcolorado.org
>> 303-260-8987

> --
>
> In Liberty,
>

> *Victoria Reynolds*Chairman
> Libertarian Party of Colorado
> 720-933-6900
> www.lpcolorado.org
> FB: fb.com/lpcolorado

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 4:02:46 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Caryn Ann Harlos, LP-State Chairs, Database Manager, Nicholas Sarwark, Libertarian National Committee list, GROUP - Board
It is a mixed bag and I doubt we will say anything. First of all, most of
us will not cry over making public welfare to candidates harder to get.
Nor are we opposed to raising the amount that national committees can give.

* In Liberty,*

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 1:39 PM Victoria Reynolds <state...@lpcolorado.org>
wrote:

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lpco-open-business/CAExP0sPf59DQu0r8YhHaTRZiigYTVA5GeLCGdt7uoFZ5yRu9-w%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lpco-open-business/CAExP0sPf59DQu0r8YhHaTRZiigYTVA5GeLCGdt7uoFZ5yRu9-w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 4:04:09 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Caryn Ann Harlos, LP-State Chairs, Database Manager, Nicholas Sarwark, Libertarian National Committee list, GROUP - Board
Saying something but very targetted to the bad parts only and giving
libertarian takes on the rest would be helpful.

* In Liberty,*

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM Caryn Ann Harlos <carynan...@gmail.com>

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 4:22:47 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Caryn Ann Harlos, LP-State Chairs, Database Manager, Nicholas Sarwark, Libertarian National Committee list, GROUP - Board
What part does that? I only skimmed it but did not see that at all.

* In Liberty,*

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:10 PM Victoria Reynolds <state...@lpcolorado.org>
wrote:

> But making it 5 times harder to get on the ballot is reason enough to say
> something
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM Caryn Ann Harlos <carynan...@gmail.com>

lnc-...@hq.lp.org

Mar 22, 2021, 5:10:22 PM3/22/21
to Victoria Reynolds, Chris Luchini, Caryn Ann Harlos, LP-State Chairs, Database Manager, GROUP - Board, Libertarian National Committee list, Nicholas Sarwark
If we're going to have a response to a bill that's going nowhere, it should
be to criticize the parts we don't like, and praise the parts we do.

Principal matters.

Also human effort is finite, and I'm not sure spending energy critiquing
this bill is worth it.

if somebody gets the ball started I will pitch in.

sent from mobile therefore brief