מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Paul Long

לא נקראה,
29 באוג׳ 2022, 11:25:5729.8.2022
עד lnav
Our logging has fields like Event= fw=, etc.  Ideally I want to be able to query these fields using SQL.  If I understand correctly, that means creating regex to define the fields.  But then I'm also seeing that highlight only works on the body.  I'd like to colorize only certain Events and using Highlight seems to be a great way, but I think it only search and highlights text in the body.

Is this currently a limitation of how highlights work?

Is there some other way to colorize fields that have been grouped by regex format?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Long

לא נקראה,
29 באוג׳ 2022, 15:23:0329.8.2022
עד lnav
Hmm, I just now realize there are two places you can place highlights.  I was using the theme's highlight, which does seem to have that limitation.  But the highlights in the format file does seem to let me highlight an entire line, which solves my problem.  I'll play around some more, but looks promsing.

lnav support

לא נקראה,
30 באוג׳ 2022, 0:05:1230.8.2022
עד Paul Long,lnav

Yes, since the theme is more broadly applicable, it is limited to the log
body and not the whole log message.  The highlights created with
the ":highlight" command or in log formats are applied to the whole
line.

Tim

השב לכולם
השב למחבר