Re: Failure of color coding of warning/errors: leaking to trace/info

Timothy Stack

Feb 8, 2021, 4:46:41 PM2/8/21
to Madhur Chauhan, lnav

It sounds like the log format is not matching these log lines correctly and they
are seen as continuations of the previous line that was matched.  Would you
be able to share your log format file and an example log so that we can help
find the issue?

tim

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:57 AM Madhur Chauhan <madhur....@kenetic.capital> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using a custom lnav format and the trace/info/debug lines are not highlighted yellow normally but after a warning message the yellow color bleeds into the trace/info/debug messages which is a feature I think?

The problem is that the `:filter-{in/out}` doesn't work and neither the searches using `/` and `:set-min-log-level warning` shows these color leaked log lines.

I've attached sample image of the problem.