[Parallelization of the VIGRA library] [gsoc15] [intro]

Dhruv Kohli

Mar 5, 2015, 12:54:05 PM3/5/15
to ilasti...@ilastik.org, lmnd-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am Dhruv, majoring in Mathematics & Computing from Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati. I like the idea of "Parallelization of the VIGRA library" and would like to contribute to it this summer.

A little bit about my background: I have strong software engineering skills with 4 years of commercial C++ and C experience. I am exposed to MPI too and have 2 years of programming experience in CUDA. Here is an instance of cuda of code "https://github.com/chiggum/cuda-challenge-india/blob/master/main.cu" written by me. I feel that some knowledge of computer vision will be a plus one for this project and as a matter of fact, I am quite comfortable using packages like opencv and am fairly exposed to IP algorithms too.

I would love to contribute in this project with my full dedication and want to know about the resources so that I can prepare myself for it.

Thanks & Regards.
Dhruv