Basinhopping only returns fit parameters of first iteration even though other minimas are lower.

Maxim Simmonds

Feb 15, 2024, 2:59:36 PMFeb 15
to lmfit-py
Dear all,

I dont know if there are minimal requirements for a code or so. Attached the code that I use. In short, when following the residual values and the accepted variable using a callback function, I see that the chi-squared for the fit results is always the first iteration of the algorithm. I am not sure if it is linked to the callback function that I use to follow the advancing of the data.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 19.40.19.png
I am not sure how this is the case and am struggling to find a suitable answer. Can somebody help? thanks!

PS: I apologize in advance for my ignorant coding.
Code_Example.py