Fwd: lmfdb-support - Google Groups: Message Pending [{IMWb9Zmug8WGGSoCcWswBofBuh3m4gEI0}]

John Cremona

Mar 25, 2021, 4:56:17 AM3/25/21
to vict...@pg.canterbury.ac.nz, lmfdb-support
Dear Victor,

Thanks for your message to lmfdb-support.  Something went wrong when I tried to approve your message for posting to the list (which is moderated), so I'll reply like this.

Although the graph looks as if it has a node, it does not.  If you right-click on the image and save it to a new window or tab, then you should be able to enlarge it to see that.  You can also see that the three points where the graph crosses the x-axis are the three rational points (x,0) of order 2, which have x-coordinates -2795, 1365, 1430.  Although the last two are not very close, the scale of the graph makes them look close.

John Cremona

From: Victor Lu <vict...@pg.canterbury.ac.nz>
To: "lmfdb-...@googlegroups.com" <lmfdb-...@googlegroups.com>
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 05:11:28 +0000
Subject: Elliptic curve 67600.bv2 picture mismatch with roots
Hi,

I was checking a particular elliptic curve with 3 distinct real roots when I noticed the image shows a node where the roots should be. Can you check what's going on here?

Regards
Victor