coding sprint?

David Farmer

Jan 19, 2022, 4:39:43 PM1/19/22
to lmfdb-...@googlegroups.com

If there an LMFDB coding sprint later this week? I see it on my
calendar but don't know how it got there.

Regards,

David

Andrew Sutherland

Jan 19, 2022, 5:48:05 PM1/19/22
to lmfdb-support
Yes, the coding sprint will happen virtually on Friday and Saturday (Jan 20-21), see the Zulip thread:

   https://lmfdb.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/250890-general/topic/LMFDB.20coding.20sprint.20.28VIRTUAL.29

Email me at dr...@math.mit.edu if you need a Zulip invite, or if you just want the Zoom link (which I'd rather not post publicly).

We plan to start at 8am US Eastern (1300 GMT), although I expect it may just be me and the European participants at that hour.  The first all-hands organizational meeting will be at 12pm US Eastern (1700 GMT), and we will do status-reports/show-and-tell at 6pm US Eastern (2300 GMT)  on Friday and again at 12pm US Eastern (1700 GMT) on Saturday.

People are welcome to hang out in the Zoom throughout the day (there will be breakout rooms), or just show up for the organizational/status meetings.

The main goal is to close as many open issues as we can, and to try to get abstract groups and Belyi maps into a production ready state with the aim of making a new LMFDB Release 1.3 in the near future.  I'm currently working on compiling a list of issues we would like to see addressed in 1.3 and prioritizing them.  I will tag them and post a list to the Zulip thread tonight or tomorrow.

People are also welcome to work on their own projects, or to just hangout and enjoy some LMFDB comradarie.  Those who aren't keen to code can help with knowl editing/review, adding annotations, and giving feedback.

Drew

John Cremona

Jan 21, 2022, 8:20:42 AM1/21/22
to Andrew Sutherland, lmfdb-support
Can you send me the zoom link? I tried the LMFDB Fridays one but there
is no-one there. THanks,

John