Thread pool sharing between disruptors

MySQT

Apr 13, 2019, 5:28:05 PM4/13/19
to Disruptor
Is there a way to share a thread pool between multiple disruptors? We use disruptors to accumulate and deliver market data per member. Is Disruptor the right fit for this?

Michael Barker

Apr 16, 2019, 3:35:38 AM4/16/19
to lmax-di...@googlegroups.com
The main API that the Disruptor uses to integrate with threads is the ThreadFactory class.  This is because generally you create an instance of the Disruptor along with the EventHandler and they run indefinitely.  As to whether it is a fit for your application it is hard to say, I don't really know how your application works, so you would be better placed to answer that.

Regards,
Michael Barker.