Aliases for country names

S Baez Santamaria

Jun 30, 2022, 6:59:02 AM6/30/22
to LM-KBC
Dear challenge organizers,

We noticed something in the training data for the relation CountryBordersWithCountry. Eswatini was previously called Swaziland, however we have noticed that the latter is not included in the list of aliases. Is this on purpose (are we expected to solve this to get the right answer as "Eswatini"?) or is this a mistake in the training data?

regards,
Selene Baez

LM-KBC

Jun 30, 2022, 7:19:20 AM6/30/22
to LM-KBC
Hi Selene,

Thanks for your question. The aliases are given only when an entity has multiple tokens or when there exists a well-known abbreviation. So, previously known names for single-token entities won't be present.

Best,
Sneha

S Baez Santamaria

Jun 30, 2022, 1:29:09 PM6/30/22