[llvm-dev] LLVM Bugzilla Migration is Complete

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 6:03:42 AM12/11/21
to llvm-dev, clang developer list, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), Flang Development List, Kara Sowles
Dear Fellow LLVM Developers, Users et al

I'm happy to announce that the main part of the LLVM Bugzilla =>
GitHub migration is complete. I appreciate your patience on this
matter as several unexpected issues happened during the final phase of
the migration. I would like to thank everyone who was involved in
different steps of this migration and additionally I would like to
thank all GitHub engineers without whom this will not be possible.

There are still some rough edges and known issues. However we are
going to address them post-migration. Feel free to submit your issues
to the shiny new LLVM bugtracker at
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues
Use llvm.org/PR links to seamlessly connect "old" and "new" issues.
E.g. https://llvm.org/PR1000 will redirect to the migrated bugzilla id
1000 and https://llvm.org/PR52603 is a new github-only issue. All
issues that are migrated from bugzilla are tagged with "bugzilla"
label. All issues related to the post-migration tasks are filed under
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/milestone/1 milestone.

--
On behalf of LLVM Foundation
Anton Korobeynikov,

Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 6:10:59 AM12/11/21
to Anton Korobeynikov, llvm-dev, clang developer list
Thank you so much Anton!

-Min

> cfe-dev mailing list
> cfe...@lists.llvm.org

Aaron Ballman via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 8:11:09 AM12/11/21
to Anton Korobeynikov, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Flang Development List
Thank you for all the efforts to get us here, Anton (and the IWG as a whole)!

~Aaron

Shoaib Meenai via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 9:41:26 AM12/11/21
to Anton Korobeynikov, llvm-dev, clang developer list, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), Flang Development List, Kara Sowles
Thank you for all the work to make this happen!

I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but what's the solution for subscribing to issues created with specific tags? I found https://github.com/marketplace/actions/issue-label-notifier through searching, but that seems to be something that needs to be set up for the repo and not something I set up on my own end.

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 2:48:19 PM12/11/21
to Shoaib Meenai, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Flang Development List
On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 6:41 AM Shoaib Meenai via flang-dev <flan...@lists.llvm.org> wrote:
Thank you for all the work to make this happen!

I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but what's the solution for subscribing to issues created with specific tags? I found https://github.com/marketplace/actions/issue-label-notifier through searching, but that seems to be something that needs to be set up for the repo and not something I set up on my own end.

Same question: my mailbox is exploding right now, how do we manage subscription/notifications?

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 3:30:31 PM12/11/21
to Shoaib Meenai, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Flang Development List
There is no way you can subscribe to a particular label on github
(yet). Such functionality does exist on gitlab, but not on github.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev

Dec 11, 2021, 3:32:20 PM12/11/21
to Shoaib Meenai, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Tom Stellard, Flang Development List
I believe Tom had some solution for this

James Henderson via llvm-dev

Dec 13, 2021, 2:55:04 AM12/13/21
to Anton Korobeynikov, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Tom Stellard, Flang Development List
Really hoping there is a solution for this, because otherwise, this is a massive step backwards from bugzilla (and I thought it was one of the prerequisites for the migration to even happen?).

Anyway, thanks for the hard work Anton et al!

Nathan Sidwell via llvm-dev

Dec 13, 2021, 7:08:52 AM12/13/21
On 12/11/21 06:02, Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev wrote:
> Dear Fellow LLVM Developers, Users et al
>
> I'm happy to announce that the main part of the LLVM Bugzilla =>
> GitHub migration is complete. I appreciate your patience on this

Great! thanks for pushing that through

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell

Tom Stellard via llvm-dev

Dec 13, 2021, 12:30:35 PM12/13/21
to Shoaib Meenai, Anton Korobeynikov, llvm-dev, clang developer list, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), Flang Development List, Kara Sowles
On 12/11/21 06:40, Shoaib Meenai via cfe-dev wrote:
> Thank you for all the work to make this happen!
>
> I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but what's the solution for subscribing to issues created with specific tags? I found https://github.com/marketplace/actions/issue-label-notifier through searching, but that seems to be something that needs to be set up for the repo and not something I set up on my own end.

I proposed this here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D114412

-Tom

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev

Dec 13, 2021, 3:17:51 PM12/13/21
to Tom Stellard, llvm-dev, polly-dev, openmp-dev (openmp-dev@lists.llvm.org), clang developer list, Kara Sowles, Flang Development List
On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 9:30 AM Tom Stellard via llvm-dev <llvm...@lists.llvm.org> wrote:
On 12/11/21 06:40, Shoaib Meenai via cfe-dev wrote:
> Thank you for all the work to make this happen!
>
> I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but what's the solution for subscribing to issues created with specific tags? I found https://github.com/marketplace/actions/issue-label-notifier through searching, but that seems to be something that needs to be set up for the repo and not something I set up on my own end.

I proposed this here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D114412

What is the status of this? Is this gonna be available soon?

Thanks,

--
Mehdi