[llvm-dev] merge coverage data ?

Koller, Martin via llvm-dev

Jan 25, 2022, 4:30:38 AM1/25/22
to llvm...@lists.llvm.org
Hi,

Just for clarification (llvm 13.0 on openSuse TW): is llvm-profdata merge ...
meant to be capable of producing merged data for runs of different executables,
which use the same shared libraries ?

E.g. I have libA and libB, and exe1, exe2 - both exe link against libA and libB
Can I run both exe and then merge ALL the resulting raw data ?
(I'm just thinking about e.g. the main() and other functions, which exist twice)
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

There is no cloud, just other people’s computers.

This mail was not scanned before sending.
It was sent from a secure Linux desktop.