(re)Kick starting the LLUP specification process

1 view

M. David Peterson

Jul 27, 2008, 11:26:50 PM7/27/08
to llup
Hey All,

It's been a while since any activity has been seen on this list, but not since any development activity has taken place.  There are still a few more loose ends to tie together, but over the last month or so I have been actively documenting and extending the specification located at http://dev.llup.org/ < Specifically, I have been hammering out the various details of the element and attribute names, extending the specification with overviews of both the usage and reasoning for each portion of the spec, etc. etc. etc.

In addition I've been actively building out support for both SOAP[1], Protocol Buffers[2,3,4], and, of course, Plain Ol' XML (code embedded in both.)  Of course there's the preexisting support that Sylvain and I have been working on which is where all of the work I've been doing in other folders will begin to be migrated over the coming week. > http://nuxleus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/nuxleus/Source/Nuxleus.Messaging/

Over the course of the next few days I will be sending out topic specific posts for group discussion.  For example, the official usage of element/attribute names[5], using MicroID (or something else) for digitally signing messages[6], and so forth.  In other words, it's time to root out and finalize the focus for each area of the specification, determining if the docs in their current state are sufficient or if they need extended work, and so forth.  Any and all participation in these discussion by anyone and everyone will be *greatly* appreciated!

Please feel free to kick start any part of the discussion you feel like kicking off.  Thanks in advance!

[1] http://nuxleus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/nuxleus/Source/Nuxleus.Extension.Aws/ (<= at the moment the code is embedded into extensions to the AWS SOAP framework I've been building out.  Will begin the extraction process over the next week)
[4] http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-net/source/browse/trunk/SilverlightExtended/ (<= this integrates support for both XML, JSON, and Protocol Buffers serialization into Silverlight)

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.d...@3rdandUrban.com | m.d...@amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://news.oreilly.com/m-david-peterson/