TimeSpan.Search

1 view

M. David Peterson

Sep 9, 2006, 7:40:13 PM9/9/06
to llup
http://www.snee.com/bobdc.blog/2006/09/a_great_feature_in_altavista_a.html

Obviously the idea of searching time spans is nothing new.  But the fact that this isn't something that is a part of our normal daily web experience is something that I have always find surprising given the fact that extracting dates from news sites is not exactly a difficult task, and the ability to take three snapshots contained in a given cache for a particular page, determine if they are different, and then use these dates as a way to bring date-based context to the content -- well, its just beyond me. ;)

I'm glad to see that folks like Bob are beginning to bring things like this to the surface as it opens up even more opportunity as people begin to look for ways to bring this level of search capability to life.

Of course, if you were able to add to this the ability to search in the "future" (e.g. "concerts in seattle this weekend", or "concerts in london in october")???

Now THAT would be cool!

err.. I mean, yeah that <http://dev.llup.org> is pretty cool, huh?! :D

--
/M:D