Public request fly down

Ben Johnson

Aug 1, 2022, 1:36:57 AM8/1/22
to ll...@googlegroups.com
Please let me know if anyone is interested in this... I would suggest a "site assessment" from the suggested landing area to start with. Never been to this area before but if anyone is keen to assess this as safe or not, please let me know.

Ben,
Looking to discuss the possibility ‘weather permitting’ for a  person who could jump from East Lomond to land in main arena with match ball for cricket match just outside the village.
Don’t really know how to start looking
Very many thanks
Alex

Cheers,

Ben.

Chris Sangwin

Aug 1, 2022, 9:28:23 AM8/1/22
to 'Ben Johnson' via LLSC
Thanks for forwarding this to us Ben,

Such a flight could well be interpreted as being included in the following flying display definition.  "Any flying activity deliberately performed for the purpose of providing an exhibition or entertainment at an advertised event open to the public."

If so, the proposed flight comes under special rules.

Anyone considering accepting this invitation should check out the flying displays regulations and satisfy themselves whether or not the proposed flight would be included, and if so whether they are able to comply with the regulations for flyings displays!  Sorry if this is cold water on an otherwise fun event.

Chris

Ben Johnson

Aug 1, 2022, 11:49:10 AM8/1/22
to ll...@googlegroups.com
Good point actually Chris. I remember Gordie having to do this for the Buttermere bash.

Im sure Gordie would help anyone who was interested.

Cheers,

Ben.