Historical Markers in Philadelphia

1 view

CarlF

Dec 21, 2009, 5:43:45 PM12/21/09
to LLL200
Good news/Bad news

The good news is that there is an excellent opportunity to get an
historical marker erected by the State of PA at Langstroth's
birthplace (or elsewhere, for that matter), and we haven't missed the
deadline for 2010.

The bad news is that the application must be in Harrisburg no later
than Jan 5.
Also, there's about $2000 in costs that have to get picked up, but it
appears that this need not be a concern until after approval is given
(not before March).

see:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/pennsylvania_historical_marker_program/2539/apply_for_a_historical_marker/300887

Matt Redman

Dec 21, 2009, 6:42:55 PM12/21/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
The application form should be fairly easy because Langstroth meets all the requirements.  I noticed that the city marker would work better at 106 S Front St than the roadside marker--and is cheaper.  In a picture I have of the property it looks like there is a place for a banner on the light pole adjacent--that may come in handy during a possible dedication.
-Matt Redman
--
Chesapeake Soaps
8992 S Bayview Dr