More Langstroth info

Wyck Association

Dec 7, 2009, 9:09:02 AM12/7/09
to LLL200
I checked the APS website, and they have .5 feet of information on
Langstroth. Just realized that we're marking the birth of LL, not the
200th anniversary of the invention of his hive. That didn't come until
1852. Even though he patented his hive design he never made any money
from his invention because people copied it anyway. Interesting stuff!

Joel Eckel

Dec 7, 2009, 1:26:33 PM12/7/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
Nicole,

Thanks for looking into all this.  It would be very cool to have the APS make a display about Langstroth that could be available to the public and definitely be accessible if there is to be a big beekeping weekend in Philly.  I am excited about this, and hope that people will get behind an idea to see it happen.

Would you mind speaking breifly to the group on Thursady about the status of the Bee Club's non-profit options via Wyck?  I will see you then.

Thanks, Joel

This email has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.