L. L. Langstroth Birthplace Marker

1 view

Matt Redman

Apr 27, 2010, 2:22:34 PM4/27/10
to lll...@googlegroups.com

Lorenzo Langstroth Historical Marker

The Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission has approved an application to place a marker at the birthplace of L. L. Langstroth on 106 S. Front St. in Philadelphia. The Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild is sponsoring and raising funds for this marker. The PBG works to encourage and promote urban beekeeping through fellowship and education, and to raise awareness of the importance of bees to our environment. For more information and to find out how you can donate, please click on the following link:

http://www.phillybeekeepers.org/lorenzo-langstroth-historical-marker/

Donations will be used exclusively to fund the production, installation and dedication of the historical marker. We estimate the minimum cost of this effort to be $3,500 and we will cap fundraising at $5,000.

All donors who do not wish to remain anonymous will be acknowledged on this web site. Individual donors of amounts over $200 and organizations donating over $500 who wish to be acknowledged will be recognized at the dedication ceremony on Sept. 10, 2010 and on this web site.

This effort has been most graciously endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Beekeepers Association by an initial gift/donation of $1000.00. We thank them most sincerely.