You're Invited: Philadelphia Honey Fest

pola...@juno.com

Aug 17, 2010, 9:26:16 PM8/17/10
to pse...@cliveden.org, kmas...@bartramsgarden.org, k...@beeculture.com, adamedw...@hotmail.com, nju...@wyck.org, za...@wagnerfreeinstitute.org, dave...@mac.com, sch...@gmail.com, webeeb...@gmail.com, nmat...@verizon.net, matthew.e...@gmail.com, chesape...@gmail.com, ecap...@bucknell.edu, dek...@netzero.com, tma...@whyy.org, bryson...@yahoo.com, jlmbe...@gmail.com, sround...@aol.com, nski...@chs-adphila.org, lll...@googlegroups.com, leb...@comcast.net, mic...@rows.us, karilf...@gmail.com, verd...@ansp.org, jo...@mtairylearningtree.org, rodney...@thomson.com, chisht...@yahoo.com, we...@dsl.psu.edu, debmi...@hotmail.com, pola...@juno.com
Hello everyone!

The year's work to commemorate the BIRTH of Modern Beekeeping in Philly (circa 1810) is finally bearing fruit.  Our next Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild meeting is going to be spectacular!    It is a FESTIVAL!    Lots of times, historic locations and events to choose from; something is sure to fit your schedule.  Please try to attend the LLL Historic marker dedication and reception on 106 S. Front St. on Friday 10th Sep.  You'll meet a lot of beekeepers in a nice casual atmosphere - they're good folks!  (read more in the attachment)

I have attached a flier so you can see everything we have planned. Friends and family are invited and welcomed - it's got something for everyone.
Adults and kids alike can learn Why Do Bees Buzz and other Fascinating Answers About Bees - see Wyck's schedule on Sept. 11
For those of you who are interested in URBAN BEEKEEPING, check out the Wyck's schedule of speakers on Sept 11.
For those of you who are interested in CHEMICAL-FREE BEEKEEPING check out the Wyck's schedule of speakers on Sept 11
LANGSTROTH Fans, check out Wyck's schedule of speakers on Sept 11

Put the BEE in BEER on Sept 11 at Cliveden's Brewers Club
Cook with Honey in the morning on Sept 11 and Taste Honey Wine (Mead) in the afternoon at the Unitarian Society of Germantown

If you live "downtown" check out the kids' activities at Wagner Free Institute of Science near Temple U and the Bee-Movies showing at the Circle of Hope Church on Washington & Broad  on Sept 11

On Sunday Sept 12, sketch bees under the guidance of DaVinci Art Alliance, see their member's exhibit "What's the Buzz", and take in some art and history lectures at Bartram's Garden in the southwest.  Professors Deb Miller and William Butler, presenting.  Free, free, free -- you can't beat it!!

More details are in the attached.  Forward this to anyone and everyone you know who loves nature, history, art or good clean fun!

Suzanne Matlock
Langstroth Birthday/Honey Festival organizer

$13/Month Car Insurance?
Insurance deal just passed now allows you to get car insurance for $13
GoGetAutoInsurance.com
2-sided Honey Fest.3.pdf

Karen Verderame

Aug 25, 2010, 11:30:24 AM8/25/10
to lll...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Again thank you so much for everything during Bug Fest! Would you like your hive back? We could arrange a drop off or pick up, whichever is easiest for you. Just let me know. Thank you SO much!
Karen

>>> "pola...@juno.com" <pola...@juno.com> 8/17/2010 9:26 PM >>>