Getting 50 states

1 view

CarlF

Dec 22, 2009, 8:00:54 AM12/22/09
to LLL200
We are now within the last few weeks before the Postal Service Stamp
Committee meets to decide about the Langstroth Commemorative stamp.
I'm pleased that we have received support from people in 39 of the 50
states, while at the same time disappointed that we have not gotten
all 50.

If anyone has access to resources, such a National Beekeeping
organization, etc. please reach out to them for help at this time.

Happy Holidays to All,
Carl

Carl Flatow

Dec 22, 2009, 8:15:02 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
The list of states can be found at:
http://scifri.org/the-map

The 11states from which we have received no emails are:
Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina.

Matt Redman

Dec 22, 2009, 8:19:49 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
Can any these links help get the word out?

--
Chesapeake Soaps
8992 S Bayview Dr

410-708-0344
chesape...@gmail.com

Carl Flatow

Dec 22, 2009, 8:27:25 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
I have written multiple emails to beekeeper associations in about half of those remaining states. I have tried to reach out to the Honey producers and have has mention in both beekeeper magazines. I'm running out of juice, on this. I need help. That's why I asked the group.

Kim Flottum

Dec 22, 2009, 8:46:57 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com

I’ll send out your news release on the BUZZ…that goes everywhere…let’s see.

Kim Flottum

Editor, Bee Culture Magazine

800.289.7668  ext 3214

330.722.2021 cell

www.BeeCulture.com

Carl Flatow

Dec 22, 2009, 10:19:43 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com
We got an immediate burst of about a half a dozen emails, but none from the missing states.
It did push us over 200 zip codes. I'm sure we'll get some more, over time.

Thanks,

Kim Flottum

Dec 22, 2009, 10:44:38 AM12/22/09
to lll...@googlegroups.com

It takes a couple of days for this to reach the 30,000 plus readers…and for them to get to their emails, and then do something…this will get resent to thousands on newsletters and other email projects like the Buzz….Have a good Holiday!